Friday, April 10, 2009

Casa Loma Inspiration/Take Over Part I


So a couple of weeks ago Ron and I decided that it would be inspiring and awesome to go play in Casa Loma for the afternoon. He had never been there and I hadn't visited since a class trip in grade three. I mostly remembered Casa Loma as a vast space haunted by ghosts that I had barely escaped from and full of things I couldn't touch. It's pretty much the same now, with less things for you not to touch.

When we first walked in, we were greeted by Joe Goddard of Hot Chip's historian twin brother and I knew then that it was going to be a good day.

The mantel above was the first picture I took. I would totally love to just transport this wall into my home, family photos and all.



The no-longer-a-secret-secret staircase leads visitors to a hallway containing movie posters of Cocktail and something with Jackie Chan. The washrooms are there too.


This cute little number appeared to be a waiting room for Sir Henry Mill Pellat's washroom. I mostly just liked the darling floral curtains, and check out the chandelier below:



I took this picture (below) for my friend S. She'd be convinced that there was a semi-secret Masonic Temple meeting going on behind this door and I'd like to hope this is true. We missed the huge and amazing organ because this WHOLE WING was blocked off...seems like secret meeting trickery to me!

Happy Easter everyone,
xoxo Amarina

No comments:

Post a Comment