Sunday, February 22, 2009

Amarina Bush



So check out Kate Bush in Babooshka.

When I was a young thing my parents had an insane amount of vinyl that I used to go through constantly. Afternoons were spent opening the sleeves, reading the song titles and staring at all the pictures. I spent a significant amount of time staring at Kate Bush. We had the single for Babooshka which was transparent electric blue (!) and featured Kate Bush on the cover in an outfit which can only be described as a medieval dominatrix costume from the set of Dynasty. It was the riskiest thing I'd ever laid eyes on. I wanted to be Kate Bush when I grew up.

I'll be spending the afternoon drinking tea (ahem...wine) and making molds for new resin treats. It'll hopefully not end up with me spilling latex everywhere, but we'll see. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

xoxo Amarina

No comments:

Post a Comment