Thursday, March 12, 2009

Amarinyeah Yeah Yeahs




Dear Karen O,

For some reason you have decided that screaming as often as you can in a song was not a good idea and I don't know how I feel about this. It probably has something to do with the overwhelming success of your single "Maps", a song that had zero screaming on an album full of delicious screamy songs. I certainly have a bond with "Maps", considering the shameful fact that I once included it in a mix tape for a guy that I was not dating. Over time, I have realized that it is 100% the creepiest possible song that you could choose to throw on a mix tape. Maybe ever. It's pure madness that I never realized it at the time.

I'm getting off topic here, the reason for this correspondance is that I'd like your permission to use the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs song "Zero" as my new theme song for everything. Certainly including, but not limited to entering the octagon, opening credits for my upcoming sure-to-be-successful-but-yet-to-have-a-theme reality television show, and running down the street in slow motion chasing after my dream. I can't pay you, but I can promise that I will buy your new album instead of downloading it. What do you think?

xoxo Amarina

No comments:

Post a Comment