Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Bracelets, Bitches!

I have this problem with jewellery supplies: I find them, covet them and then proceed to hoard and hoard, waiting for the "perfect" design to use them for. It gets to the point when I've accumulated so much stuff that I just fucking explode and quickly transform into Amarina-saurus. I sweep my cluttered work table with one arm, probably singing something upbeat like Diana Ross at a volume that may be disturbing to my neighbours, and proceed to whip up 20 or 25 pieces of jewellery in one go. In these moments, my cat Yma gets very jealous that I am no longer paying any attention to her and starts wrapping and wrapping herself around my ankles.

All of these bracelets are products of my last tornado production line. I started chopping up vintage chain necklaces and mixing and matching them with new and vintage charms to come up with what you see here and more. I've also decided that maybe I should be naming my pieces so I started with something simple: at the top we have "The Cowgirl" and just above is "The Schoolgirl". We'll see how whacked out the names get from here on in.

I usually use my friends as models and cut their heads off to protect their special, secret identities. I've decided that if I just model this stuff myself I could act completely ridiculous, be able to take pictures whenever I damn well pleased and show jewellery on non-decapitated bodies!

This bracelet is "The Biker Chick" and features a badass eagle with a gun charm amongst a cornucopia of beads and chain. I have to admit, I haven't taken it off since I made it.

Thanks for reading,

xoxo
Amarina




No comments:

Post a Comment